Sunday, July 31, 2016

Are these guys for real?


I just received some more Knight Models in the post. Here's one of them right out of the box. By the way, this model's other leg is suspended and does not help support the model.

I've complained about Knight Models' poor casting quality and ridiculously delicate weapons before, but this is just too much. I mean, sculpting an entire soft metal model - that's a gaming piece meant to be handled, not a display piece - that relies completely on such a tiny little ankle to support it? What were they thinking? This is just unforgivable. A weapon is one thing, but the whole model? I have literally never seen such a stupid sculpt for a gaming miniature. I mean, it didn't even survive transport in it's foam-padded blister pack unscathed, how is supposed to survive cleaning, painting, transport, and handling? Pretty sure it won't, not if I don't install a pin for added strength.

I don't really understand how Knight Models was able to aquire and maintain the rights to all these licensed properties, when there's much bigger companies that are much better at casting. Well, OK, Knight Models' sculpts are usually (in my eyes at least) as good as most and better than many given the scale and subject matter, so I won't fault them for that, but... sigh. Maybe I've just been spoiled, but I can get great sculpts with better casts for lower costs from at least a half-dozen other companies, so I'm just not feeling satisfied with Knight.

Oh well. Let's just hope the end result is worth it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment