Friday, April 3, 2015

Card Creator V1.2

Ok, so I've added a couple of features to the Card Creator. This first is a local save feature; this uses HTML5 functionality to save all the data in your browser so you can load it again later. The second is the ability to output all the data as a text string that you can manually save in a text file and reload later; this allows you to save several cards and load an edit them as you please. It's still not perfect, but I think these new features are huge and make it much more functional.

I've also updated the Karchev card using the new version of the card creator. The faction logos look a bit nicer now as I don't have the double-border anymore, but the main change is adding the "Former Jack Marshal" text. I know I said I didn't want to invent any new rules, but I decided that I needed a clarification of how the Jack Marshal rules interact with the Warcaster rules, since on further reflection it's not exactly obvious. I decided that fluff-wise it made sense to have a 2-jack limit when it comes to taking advantage of the Jack Marshal advantage, since it represents him yelling out directions at individual jacks.


I have some ideas for slightly more original Warcasters in my head, the big problem now is the character art. Time to learn how to draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment